Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Who Would Have Thought A Hot Dog Could Be So Much Fun?!

****** UPDATE **** RESTAURANT HAS CLOSED ********
I stumbled upon the most fabulous place and I just couldn't wait to share it with you. Hot Dog 66 is located at 4000 Ulmerton Road across from the Cracker Barrel. Hot Dog 66 had three items on their menu: hot dogs, salads and big baked potatoes. The 66 comes from 66 toppings from which to choose!



This is a wonderful concept and I wish I would have thought of it! There are three different size hot dogs. The mini - 6" ($2.75), regular - 10" ($4.00) and the Jumbo (pink cadillac) which is 1/2 pound of pure beef and 12 inches long ($8.00)!!









Once you pick your size, you can select your toppings. You can select standard toppings that you can find anywhere, such as cheese, chili, jalapenos and onions.

There is a menu board with 4 different combinations which you can choose.

Or, you can go wild and pick things like coconut, asparagus, avocado, bamboo, corn, dried cranberry, pineapple, sesame seeds..the list just goes on and on!

There are also numerous homemade sauces including, but not limited to, A1, Blueberry butch sauce, cilantro sauce, chive alioli sauce, hummus, strawberry garlic sauce and wasabi! I decided to go wild and order things I would never think to order on a hot dog.
The toppings on this particular dog were red onions, green peppers, banana peppers, asparagus, cactus, coconut flakes and sundried tomatoes.




I also ordered a baked potato. The novelty of putting anything I want on a baked potato was too awesome for me to pass. My toppings on the potato were sour cream, corn, mozzarella cheese, sundried tomatoes, salsa and chives.


When I left, I called my friend Julie to tell her I was on my way to pick her up and she asked me to bring her a hot dog. Luckily, for her, I had forgotten my notebook and I had to go back anyway. Julie just wanted a chili cheese dog, but with all of these toppings, I just had to get her something else. That is when I decided she must have the "Morning After Dog." Actually, the taste of butterfinger on the hot dog was an awesome flavor combination. One of the guys was telling me about a man that comes in every week and gets the Jumbo with peanut butter, jelly, anchovies and ...I can't remember the 4th thing. Either way, you can definitely get whatever you want here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment