Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Carmelita's on a Sunday

Mexican food is one of my favorite foods! Well, Thai, Japanese, Barbecue and Italian are all pretty close together. I just love food. Period.

I was driving down the road and I actually wanted to check out this hot dog place, but they were closed on Sundays, so I figured I may as well have the Mexican food that was in the same parking lot. Sorry Chicago something or other. I will try you next time. Carmelita's is located at 7705 Ulmerton Road at the corner of Ulmerton and Belcher. There are actually four Pinellas County locations.




First stop - the bathrooms. They are very hidden, past the bar and around the corner. Bathrooms were clean. No trash on the floors. Not a lot of decorating or anything to make it pretty, but it was clean and that is all that really matters!

Lunch is served Monday through Saturday from 11am-4pm. I really don't understand why places think that you do not want to eat lunch on Sunday.


I usually order fajitas, but I wanted to order something different! I went with the Del Ray Combo ($10.99), which is a beef taco, cheese with shredded beef enchilada and a smaller version of the Del Ray Burrito. The Del Ray burrito is a wet burrito with ground beef or chicken (I had chicken) frijoles, lettuce, tomato and cheese all wrapped inside a flour tortilla and covered with ranchero sauce and sour cream.


I thought about skipping lunch all together and just having the fried ice cream, but I do it all for you, baby, so I had to eat!

One of my favorite things about Carmelita's is that you can pick the two sides that you want with your dinner. You can choose from Mexican rice, whole beans, frijoles, black beans, whole kernel corn or a side salad. I picked black beans and corn!

As I was leaving, I noticed a woman eating something that looked very yummy. It was the nachos. But, these are not your pile of chips covered with cheese nachos. Taco shell halves are covered with melted cheese, lettuce tomatoes and salsa served on a bed of lettuce and topped with sour cream. I will have to go back and try those. When I do, I will post pictures for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment