Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lunch in a Saloon? I Do It All For You, Baby!

UPDATE ****** CLOSED ******************

Sundown Saloon has been in Largo for years. Recently, new owners have taken over the Saloon and made a lot of changes. The inside is clean with new tables and barstools and very comfortable. The next change was to the menu. Not your typical fried bar food here! I was pleasantly surprised by the food and atmosphere at this bar. It is located at 12553 Ulmerton Road in Largo.


Debbie and I started with an order of the Thai Shrimp. They are a new addition to the menu, so they didn't even have a name for them yet! I bet they have a name now. Maybe they are called JoJo Shrimp!





Debbie decided to have the special of the day which was a Mahi Mahi sandwich and I went with the Maryland style crabcake sandwich. Sandwiches are served with chips, but we decided we wanted an order of onion rings too! These were not frozen onion rings! I love onion rings that do not have a lot of breading or batter. These were very lightly breaded. Horseradish sauce on the side.
Sundown has domestic bottles of beer daily til 7 for $1.50. Check their schedule to see what band is playing this weekend. Gotta love a place that still has live bands!
I really look forward to seeing the entire new menu. Stop in and tell them Billie Jo said hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment