Saturday, August 21, 2010

IPPOLITO'S ITALIAN DELI




Tucked away in Sabala Plaza at 14100 Walsingham Road in Largo, you will find Ippolito's Italian Deli. It looks very tiny from the outside, but it is chock full of good stuff on the inside! There were several construction workers waiting for their sandwiches and several other people eating at the one table inside the deli. I picked up my food and took it back to the office, although once I was there, I was informed that they do deliver from 11am - 1pm. You can also call ahead your sandwich order and avoid the wait.



It took me a while to decide what I wanted anyway, so I didn't care about the wait. I figure the food must be pretty good if people are waiting in line to order it. It gave me a chance to take some pictures.








All subs are made with Boarshead meats and cheeses. They are $4.50 for 6" and $5.25 for a 12". There is a wide variety of hot and cold subs, or you can customize your order to suit your taste buds.


I decided to order the "Chef's Creation" which is actually your choice of items. You can pick three items for $6.50. Selections include stuffed shells, lasagna, eggplant parmigiana, veal or chicken cutlets. stuffed peppers, stuffed mushrooms, antipasto, chicken parmigiana as well as sausage and peppers. These items could change daily. It took me quite a while to decide (I do not do well with food decisions), but I opted for the stuffed pepper, lasagna and chicken parmigiana.
There was enough food for me to have lunch and dinner! I couldn't believe the amount of food for $6.50. You could get 2 of these and have dinner for 4. Grab a loaf of bread, make a salad and Viola! - Dinner!
The next time I go, I will definitely try one of the subs. Jack Dugan said they are really good! I will go back and take some pictures of one. I do it all for you, baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment