Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Chiropractic is HEALTH insurance. Premiums small, Dividends large!

Dr. Theresa Hartley and I did not decide where to have lunch until we got in the car and headed west. Bascom's Chop House had a sign outside offering business lunch daily specials, so we decided to stop there. It is very impressive walking into the massive wood doors to enter the restaurant.

We arrived shortly after 1, so the lunch rush was over. We were taken to the very back of the restaurant by the kitchen and seated at the back table in the corner. We couldn't figure out why we were being hidden, perhaps we were not in business attire. Our waitress, Devin, told us the lunch specials, but didn't tell us the prices of those specials. (That is a personal pet peeve.)


After reviewing the menu, I decided to have the beef tenderloin tips served with mashed potatoes. I told Devin that I would like them rare, but she said that since they were precooked, they are served medium. Ugh, cancel that! I like my meat rare! I decided to go with the Seared Maine Diver Scallops served with a warm baby spinach medley and port wine demi glaze.($10.95) Dr. Hartley ordered the Ahi Tuna Wrap. (chopped spring greens, celery, tuna with homemade pine nut wasabi relish sauce.) ($9.95)

After we placed our orders, I went to check out the restrooms. Of course I found the bar first! The bar area was very nice. It looked like a great place to sit and have a martini. I wouldn't have minded hanging out here for a while! I continued on my quest to find the restrooms and I was amazed at the beauty when I found them! The cleanliness of the bathroom was astounding! I loved the fact that the hook was high and that it looked strong enough to hold any size bag you carry or even a coat!

When I got back to the table, Dr. Hartley and I were discussing the common misconception that Chiropractors are used only when you are hurt or in an accident. (I shared this view as well.) But, it is the complete opposite. If you take care of your body and keep your nerves and spine aligned, the body takes care of itself. Chiropractic works by restoring your own inborn ability to be healthy. For your body to remain healthy, your nervous sytem must function well. For your nervous system to function well, it must remain free of interference. By restoring spinal function with Chiropractic adjustments, nerve interfernce by misaligned vertabrae is removed, thus allowing optimal nervous system function and improved health. [Think back to the song - the knee bone is connected to the...]



Dr. Theresa Hartley opened her office at 2647 Ulmerton Road in Feathersound on August 2, 2010. She is almost celebrating her one month anniversary! Previously, her office was located in Port St. Lucie inside Gold's Gym. She is very familiar with sport injuries and has treated many celebrities. Due to privacy laws, I cannot tell you who they were, but I can tell you that she has adjusted a Mets player, a Pro-Golfer on the PGA tour and a Power Lifter who is number one in his age group!


Her passion in Chiropractics is Family Wellness Care. We started talking about a baby's birth and how traumatic that is for the baby. You want to make sure that the nervous system is functioning properly from the day the baby is born. Especially if it is a very long labor, there can be serious misalignments in the newborn. This can manifest, for example, into the baby only wanting to nurse on one side. Just as a medical doctor can do reflex tests to see if the baby has proper reflexes, there are tests a Chiropractor can do to see if the body is aligned properly, since the baby cannot tell you!


We talked about scoliosis and how there are so many things - nonsurgically- that you can do to reduce pain and curvature. And, the old saying that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Take care of your body and it will take care of you. Think about this; when you get a headache, is it because your body is lacking tylenol? No, it is because something is wrong with your body. A symptom is an indicator of a problem that needs to be fixed.



We stopped talking for a few minutes when our food was served. You could tell we were both hungry! My scallops looked amazing and I couldn't wait to take my first bite. I would have loved to have had some bread to soak up that port wine sauce. Yum!



I was so entranced with my food that I was not paying any attention to the tuna wrap. I am very glad that I did not order that sandwich. I almost said I wanted to get that, but when Dr. Theresa said she was ordering it, I had to order something different. I do it all for you, baby! I wanted to make sure that I had pictures of at least two things so you can get ideas about the type of food served.




The Ahi Tuna Wrap was not at all what I expected. Dr. Hartley did not finish the sandwich, so I am guessing it was not what she thought it would be either.










After we ate, we continued talking about the importance of preventative healthcare and doing everything you can to stay healthy. This lunch with Dr. Hartley was very timely as she has a coupon coming out this week on Crowdsavings. She told me what the "deal" is and I know you all think I am going to spill my guts, but I am going to keep this one a secret. You wouldn't believe me if I told you! It is amazing!!!! Join now to make sure you don't miss it!!

If you have any questions about Chiroporactic Care, call Dr. Theresa Hartley at 727-623-0992 or visit the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment