Monday, September 20, 2010

Caddy's On St. Pete Beach


There is almost nothing better than sitting outside in beautiful weather enjoying the view of the beach. This is not possible in a lot of places, but it can happen at Caddy's on Sunset Beach. Located at 9000 W. Gulf Boulevard, this beachfront restaurant is open 7 days a week from 8am til 10pm.

I was surprised that there were not a lot more people delighting in the beach and the weather on this fabulous weekend. I didn't think that we would find a table on this Sunday afternoon, but there were several empty tables. Good for me! I was almost hesitant to go there, as I did not want to wait for a table. They have a fabulous upstairs deck, but there is no food up there. I suggest you have lunch and then head upstairs to have a drink. What an awesome view.
I went to check out the bathrooms and I thought they would be dirty for being on the beach. They were clean, but very small! There was a bathroom attendant in there making sure that everything stayed tidy. Kudos to Caddy's for keeping a clean bathroom on the beach!

Once again, I was having trouble deciding what I wanted to order. The waitress told us that they were known for their barbecue, so I decided to have the smoked corned beef reuben. ($9.99) It was served with potato salad. (I could have picked baked beans, vegetables or cole slaw.) John decided to go with my suggestion (even though I was just kidding) and ordered the Coney Island Chili and Cheese Dog. The hot dog is 1/3 pound and topped with chili, mustard, chopped onions and shredded cheddar. ($8.49)














John also ordered a cup of the Pink Cadillac Chowder. (Lobster, crabs, clams and potatoes) ($3.99).

Our waitress was very attentive and refilled our iced teas throughout our meal. I was quite pleased with the service. Once it was time for us to get our bill, though; she could not be found! I couldn't believe that she would be so awesome until we were ready to go and then missing! We finally tracked her down and continued our cruise down the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment