Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Pete and Shorty's ~ flavor, fun and friends!

I've been looking forward to lunch today for about a week. I planned to meet a friend here for lunch and have thought about nothing else but tater tots for days!

Posted outside at the entrance is the special of the day.  I prefer to order food that I do not make at home when I go out to lunch.  I love to cook, therefore I like to find things on the menu that are not in my repertoire! Clubs are one of the things that I do not like to make at home. For some reason, I always make a mess of my entire kitchen! Therefore, I was quite excited to see a chicken club as the daily special. 

Being in Pete and Shorty's is always fun. There are always people to watch and at least 14 televisions. And, good smells are always emanating from the kitchen.



My lunch partner decided to have the turkey avocado wrap. ($9.49)  Of course with tater tots. (Tater tots make everything better!)   We both ordered iced tea - although I must say we were both intrigued with the Sherbetini.  Sweet or unsweet tea are both available.

When my lunch was delivered, I was slightly disappointed. It looked fabulous, but it wasn't the "club" that I was expecting.   It was  not what I was thinking it would be.  (But, the blackened chicken paired with the bacon and cheese was fabulous! My mouth is watering hours later just thinking about it!)

Across the table, the wrap looked great! I probably should have waited until she unwrapped it so that you could see the beautiful spinach wrap, but alas, I didn't!


The total for lunch for 2 people with 2 iced teas was $26.66

Pete and Shorty's is located at 7402 49th Street. (The corner of Park Blvd and 49th Street.) They are open MOnday through Thursday from 11am - 11pm, Friday and Saturday from 11am - 12am and Sunday from 11am -10pm.    Summer happy hours are really happy (as the website states)   Monday through Saturday 3pm – 6 pm and 9pm till close, and ALL DAY Sunday.  $1.99 select drafts, wells and house wines. Try our world-famous Pete’s Amazing Pickles, Pretzels & Beer Cheese, Chipotle BBQ Pork Tots or any one of our other bistro appetizers for $4.

Questions - Call 727-549-8000.  Tell 'em Tampa Bay Afternoon Delight sent you!






No comments:

Post a Comment