Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Mexican Food with a Mayan Touch in Pinellas Park

Here is yet another great little restaurant that I completely forget about until I pass it.  Well, let me assure you that it is worth the "turn around!"




Señor Taco is located at 6447 Park Boulevard.  When I stopped in today, I asked them how long they have been open and I almost fell over when he informed me that they celebrated 5 years at this location in May. I am thrilled that they have withstood the horrible downturn in the economy and now have a very busy restaurant.


As I sat there deliberating what to order, several groups of "regulars" came in. When the server says, "the usual?" to a table of 4 or 6, you can pretty much determine that the food will be good!

Chips and salsa are delivered to the table immediately upon being seated; as well as a squeeze bottle of salsa verde. 


There are several soups and salads on the menu as well as tacos, burritos, quesadillas, tortas and fajitas. I decided to try a carne asada (steak) taco ($2.25) 
and a specialty taco called a Machete, which is pork, mushrooms and onions grilled smothered with cheese, served on a flour tortilla, topped with tomatillo and cream ($5.95).  
(I had to order another one of these to go as I had never tasted anything quite like it!)

The taco options include steak (carne asada), grilled pork (puerco), chicken (pollo), ground beef (picadillo), fried pork (carnitas), Mexican sausage (chorizo), Mayan BBQ (cochinita pibil), and bean and cheese (taco pobre).
 


Señor Taco also serves beer (local and imported) and sangria by the pitcher or that glass.  There are also a variety of kids meals ranging from $4.50 to $5.00.

Hours are Tuesday through Saturday from 11am - 9pm. They can be reached at 727-289-7080.

Shop, Play, Dine LOCAL!  Get your Localshops1 card by clicking HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment