Thursday, July 17, 2014

A Taco Lunch out by the Garden

UPDATE ****** LOCATION CLOSED**************
As soon as I walked up to the entrance-way, I knew I was going to like it here. 
The walk to the Taco Shack was almost the best part of my day! I felt like I had left Pinellas County and I was hours away from the city!

Charlie Tulum's offers tacos, burritos, quesadillas, and hot pressed sandwiches.  Each day, there is a different special, soup, chiller, slaw and salad as well as the regular menu.
Two tacos are included in an order. Corn tortillas, mixed greens, fresh salsa, feta cheese, cilantro lime juice and pepper pico. Chicken, veggie or shrimp.  The special today was beef ($5.95).  Gluten free tortillas are available for 50 cents.
I decided to order the beef, only because it is not on the regular menu and I plan on returning. 
 The "chiller" of the day was Green Apple Sage.  A chiller is 20 oz of alkaline water, infused with seasonal fresh fruit, fresh herbs and organic sugar. ($2.00) When I am driving through Largo, I will stop in just for one of these! YUM! 

I sat down at a table outside and admired the view. I cannot tell you the last time I ate overlooking a garden!
Plus, after I ate my tacos, I went and sat on the swing for a little while.
Charlie Tulum's (which is a real turtle that lives on Indian Rocks Beach) is open Tuesday through Thursday from 11am-3pm. They are located at 707 1/2 1st Avenue SW in Largo.  Visit their website, follow them on Facebook and keep an eye out for Dos Tacos Food Truck.

Charlie Tulums is available for catering, private garden party events and friendly gatherings.  Contact them at 727-584-8226. 

Shop, Play, Dine LOCAL!  Get your Localshops1 card by clicking HERE.  

Use you Localshops1 card at Charlie Tulum's Taco Shack for $1.00 off your lunch order!




3 comments:

  1. I've seen the truck all over the place. I really want to stop and have lunch in the garden! It looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THEY ARE NO LONGER IN BUSINESS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are moving to a better place in dunedin!!

    ReplyDelete