Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Rolling Thunder at The Cove in Inverness












Recently I met with Don and Joanne Westwood at "The Cove" in Inverness. Don and Joanne were in town from Alabama for a Rolling Thunder Conference and wanted to meet me to spread some awareness about Rolling Thunder. Since I love food and I love our servicemen, it seemed like the perfect match for me!

I suggested that we meet at The Cove, since they were only going to be in town for one night and that is one of the best places around! The Cove is located at 1242 S Cove Camp Pt. We had a wonderful time looking at all of the things on the wall. The place was packed with people.



I excused myself to go check out the restrooms. It was kinda funny as I could not find the sink in the ladies room. When I came out of one of the stalls, there was a hand-dryer, but the sink was not underneath it. It was across from it nestled between the stalls. I stood there cracking up at myself for not bring able to find it. It would have made a great "clip" on "You're on Candid Camera." Thankfully, no one walked in and saw me looking goofy!


When I returned to the table, Don and Joanne had already decided they were having burgers. I wanted to order something different so there would be more pictures of food, but a burger sounded so good, I had to get one too! You could get your burger with chips or fries. I love crinkle cut fries! Everyone's burgers looked the same, so I only took one photo! We should have at least ordered different cheese. I was going to go over to another table to ask to take pictures of their food, but I didn't want to embarass Don and Joanne! We started eating and talking about Rolling Thunder.


Incorporated in 1995, Rolling Thunder, Inc. is a class 501(c)(4) non-profit organization with over 88 chartered chapters throughout the United States and members abroad. While many members of Rolling Thunder are veterans, and many ride motorcycles, neither qualification is a prerequisite. Rolling Thunder members are old and young, men and women, veterans and non-veterans. All are united in the cause to bring full accountability for POWs and MIAs of all wars, reminding the government, the media and the public by our watchwords: “We Will Not Forget.”



I wanted to familiarize myself with the organization so I checked out the website. I was extremely moved by the pictures on the site and what an awesome group of people this is. This is one of the pictures taken from the website. You must check out the website, though, to see more outstanding photos.

Don and Joanne recently started the Alabama Chapter. There are currently 11 chapters in Florida. Scrolling through the states, Ohio is the only other state with 11 chapters. Yay Florida!


If you have any questions, you can contact the National Office

ROLLING THUNDER®, INC., NATIONAL
PO BOX 216
NESHANIC STATION, NJ 08853

TEL (908) 369-5439
FAX (908) 369-2072

EMAIL rtnj1@att.net



If you have questions about The Cove or where it is located, call them at (352) 344-5894.

No comments:

Post a Comment