Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Poblanos Mexican Grill and Bar with Kay Tenney


Kay Tenney is one of the most fantastic, zealous women you will ever meet! She had me laughing the entire lunch with her stories and antics. Kay has been a licensed realtor since 1995. Having been on the Centaurian Team with Century 21 until 2 years ago, she is currently working with Bullet Realty.



We met for lunch at Poblanos Mexican Grill and Bar located at 2451 McMullen Booth Road. I was a little concerned when I went in, because it was fairly dark for it being 1 o'clock in the afternoon. There were several tables that were filled with people. It was fairly busy. There are also tables outside for your dining pleasure.


Poblanos has a fairly large menu with salads, combination platters, "especialidades," enchilads, burritos, tacos and quesadillas. The lunch specials range in price from $5.99 to $7.50 I had no idea what I wanted and needed some time to decide. In the mean time, I was going to take a trip to the restroom and check it out.

I went into the bathroom and I was overwhelmed with beauty! I could not believe that the bathrooms were part of the restaurant. The sink was gorgeous! I absolutely love the sink bowls and the tile! Absolutely beautiful! I went back to the table still in disbelief, but ready to order my lunch!


I decided to have the lunch fajitas ($7.50) which were grilled with sliced tomatoes, onions, bell
peppers and served with Mexican rice and refried beans along with two flour tortillas.
I always say that I am going to try something different and I always end up ordering the fajitas! Kay and her daughter chose the "Make your own combo" of a tamal and a burrito served with rice and beans. ($6.99) You can pick one item for $5.99 if you have a smaller appetitite. I think for the extra $1 you should pick another item for your platter!




We continued our conversation about everything under the sun! Kay continues on from one story to the next and keeps you entertained for hours! Kay has lived in Pinellas County since she was 12 years old so she is extremely familiar with the beaches and the nuances of the county. She has a delightful sense of humor and a vast wealth of knowledge!
Kay has always specialized in working with the elderly. (85-95 year olds) She does not take advantage of them and she makes sure that no one else does either. She is very active in the community and has served on various committees from the City of Dunedin Parks and Recreation to the Gulfcoast Youth Soccer Association. She is also a big advocate of Clothes to Kids on Hercules in Clearwater, which provides new and quality used clothing to low-income chool aged children in Pinellas County, free of charge.
In addition to being well versed in the area and the community, Kay's husband was a professional painting contractor and she worked with him until 2006. She knows if something is a cosmetic or superficial problem or is there is a serious problem with your home.
If you have any questions you can contact Kay - Kay@BullardRealty.net




No comments:

Post a Comment