Friday, March 3, 2017

Mexican Market serves great food ~ Las palamos in Largo.

I've driven by this place thousands of times. I have been in the parking lot at other restaurants and have never entered this market.  I finally decided to pop in yesterday and I am so glad that I did!!
Upon entering the market, I wasn't sure if I was really going to get cooked food!  But keep walking - you won't be disappointed in the food. 


Let me first say that this is no frills. You are not going to get table service and someone is not going to be at your beck and call.   Proceed to the counter and order your food.  There are not menus describing every item. There are boards on the wall. 


 Burritos, tacos, quesadillas, soups and salads.



We ordered our food and then went to the coolers to select beverages ~
and sat down at one of the tables inside. There is also counter seating and one table outside.

My friend ordered the carnitas burrito with a side of chips and salsa. ($6)
                    It looks very unassuming, but it is full of flavor and packed with goodness.
I ordered the carnitas quesadilla with chips and salsa. ($6). Don't let the picture fool you - this thing is huge!  It was so tasty -- I think I could eat one of these every day!
Las palamos is located at 1300 East Bay Drive in Largo.  They can be reached at 727-581-1050.  Check it out - it is one of Largo's hidden gems.  Tell them Tampa Bay Afternoon Delight sent ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment