Friday, July 24, 2015

Great food at an unexpected place!!! All American Sports Pub at Liberty Lanes in Largo

I have driven up and down Starkey Road a billion times (ok, that is an exaggeration) and I did not even know there was a bowling alley back there! Yes, just north of 102nd at 115th Avenue!  Perhaps at some point in my life, I knew it was there - but I am not a bowler. The thought of going there just for food had NEVER even crossed my mind. Until now.
 
I entered the restaurant/lounge area and was immediately impressed with the number of televisions (10, yes 10).  I thought, "Wow, this is a great place to watch a game!" But, admittedly, I was still not thinking about food. 
I saw down and picked up a menu.  I was amazed at the amount of food and the choices I had to make. I was informed by Robin ~ cook extraordinaire (she said that she was not a chef, but had been cooking since she was 8) that everything (except one thing) is home made.  Right down to the stock for the chicken noodle soup! "No way," I exclaimed. 
When I said there was a lot of choices on the menu, I meant it! There are five different salads (chicken, spinach, Caesar, taco, dinner) ranging in price from $4.29 to $7.99.  Not in the mood for a salad, then pick from one of eight different burgers.(ranging from $3.99 to $7.29)  There is another option of a Statue of Liberty burger that is too massive to even describe for $24.99
 
Still not seeing anything that suites your fancy?  Continue through the menu to find 15 different sandwiches, wraps and more!  I am just going to show you this page, because it is fabulous!

With all of those options, you would think that was it for the menu, but No - the options continue. PIZZA! Fresh baked pizza in either 7" personal or 16" sizes.
If you have the liberty of having a beer with your lunch, there are a ton of choices, too!
 
 
Since the chicken soup was homemade, I had to try it. I am always searching for a good chicken noodle soup.
 
A cup of soup is $2.69 and a bowl is $3.69.  If you are not into chicken noodle, there is also tomato soup or homemade chili.
I quickly decided on the sriracha aioli burger.  1/3 pound burger smothered in caramelized onions, fire roasted sweet peppers, provolone cheese, and finished off with fresh-made sriracha aioli sauce. ($5.99).  You can add French fries, tater tots or fried chips for 99 cents or add onion rings or $2.59
When I finished my burger, dessert was suggested.  WHAT? If I would have known that a fresh brownie sundae was even an option, I wouldn't have eaten that burger!!  I will just have to save that for next time!
 
The All American Sports Pub at Liberty Lanes is open 7 days a week from 8am til 10pm. (Later on Friday and Saturday nights.)  Breakfast is served daily.  This is a great place for a large group of people as the tables can be rearranged to seat a big group.  There is ample bar seating as well. 
 
For guests 12 and younger, there is a kids menu.
 
Happy Hour is Monday through Friday from 3-6 with $1.00 domestic drafts.
 
Liberty Lanes  is located at 11401 Starkey Road in Largo.  You can call ahead for orders to go 727-397-3947.  Click HERE to see the entire menu. And, like them on Facebook.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment