Thursday, August 18, 2011

Italian in Seminole at Sage's Restaurant







The fact that a restaurant has been within a 2 mile vicinity of my home(s) for the past 18 years and I have never gone there almost frightens me! How can a girl, who loves, food, loves local businesses and loves close to home not know about a wonderful eating establishment? I am almost sad that I was unaware of this great spot! I cannot say I did not know it was there, I have passed by it at thousands of times. I have WALKED right past it to pick up Chinese or on my way to Publix. I just never walked in the door!


I was working on trying to get a lot of stuff done around the house today, but my friend Mary called and said she wanted to go to lunch. I agreed under the condition that it was some place close so I could get home and get back to work. I suggested Sages, hoping that it wouldn't be disappointing.




We walked in and were immediately greeted. The restaurant was warm and inviting. The daily specials were a chicken philly served with potato salad ($5.95) or a pepperoni puff served with a salad ($5.95). Once we were seated, noticed on the table that they have $5.00 daily lunch deals. You can get soup and salad; pasta and meatball; 1/2 grinder with potato salad or coleslaw; mini cheese pizza or a small sage salad. (Salad choices include Greek, Antipasto, Caesar or veggie.) I was pretty convinced that I wanted the chicken philly, but I just LOVE a hot Italian sub and it seemed like the place to get one. When the waiter (super friendly, but cannot remember his name) took our order, I told him about my indecisiveness. He said that the Chicken Philly and Pepperoni Puff were equally good. Both made with homemade bread and very cheesy. I shouted in exuberance (okay, slight exaggeration) that I wanted the chicken Philly. Mary had already ordered the linguine with clams, but changed her mind to the chicken Philly as well. I told her that we could not order the same thing, because I wanted pictures of two different things, so I would order the pizza puff. The pizza puff was served with a salad. The salad was very nice and just the right size, with super fresh ingredients. I love crisp lettuce and red onions! Look at the brightness of that tomato. We we also served a basket of bread and butter. Yes, butter! Why does it seem like the past several restaurants where we have eaten, have given us margarine or substitute for the bread! I have my License to Cheat - Give me Butter!!!!







Shortly after we finished the salad, our lunch had arrived. Omigosh, it looked fabulous!!! I was wondering to myself, "could this be as good as it looks?"















Mary and I decided that we should split our lunches so that we could both taste both things. Of course I agreed, because the chicken Philly looked amazing!




What better than to have both of these for lunch. Once I started eating, I couldn't decide which one I liked better. Glad that we split them so I could eat both!



The lunch specials are served from 11:30-2pm. Sage's is Monday through Saturday from 11:30am - 9:00pm. They are located at 9388 in the Oakhurst Plaza. They also have a waide variety of grinders, salads, seafood dishes as well as house specialties. Beer and wine is available as well as a children's menu. Call them for the daily special 727-596-9000! Tell them Tampa Bay Afternoon Delight sent ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment