Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Goodness Gracious - there's a gyro!

I have driven by this restaurant at least a thousand times.  Today, I stopped - and I am glad that I did.

Athenian Gyros and Chicken has been serving food over 30 years in Pinellas Park.

Upon entering, I was immediately greeted and welcomed.  My thoughts were to have a Greek salad, but once I saw the gyro meat rotating in the back, I knew I had to have a gyro.  The meal included fries and a drink for $8.99.


I selected a booth and within a few minutes, my food was ready. 
I didn't even have that much time to look at all of the trinkets that were for sale in the store!

Hot, fresh, crispy fries.  The gyro looks a little messy - and it was - messily delicious!  A few of the pieces of meat were nice and crispy. You know it is not out of a package when the pieces are all different sizes and different crispness.  And, yes, that is freshmade tzaziki sauce!
While I was eating, another couple came in.  They were asked if it was there first time there and the man replied that they come from Orlando for their doctors appointments and everytime they come over, they stop in there for food.  I thought to myself, "I LIVE in this city and have never been here and they drive from Orlando to eat here!"  (They come for the appointments, but could really eat anywhere!)

The inside of the restaurant was very clean.  There are several booths and tables, but nothing really for a large party.  I would get it to go for a large group. 

Athenian Gyros and Chicken is located at 5320 Park Boulevard in Pinellas Park.   They are open Monday through Sunday from 11am until 9pm. Questions or call ahead orders - 727-544-5740.  Visit the website for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment