Monday, May 11, 2015

Nothing Beats Breakfast for Lunch. (Proino Breakfast Club - Largo)

My husband decided to go to lunch with me today.  It's a rare occasion that he will eat lunch out, whereas eating lunch out is one of my favorite things to do!

It was a pretty quick decision and we were on Indian Rocks Road, so I knew I better think of something quick before he changed his mind.  Fortunately, I remembered there was a place on Walsingham that I wanted to try and suggested that we go to Proino Breakfast Club

Before we entered, we thought about sitting on the patio outside, but it didn't take us long to decide that we wanted to be in the air-conditioning!

We went inside and were immediately greeted with smiling faces.  There were 2 boards on the wall advertising the daily specials.

This would only add to my confusion as to what to order as everything sounded absolutely delicious!

I have been in this restaurant under numerous different owners and it looks the best that I have ever seen it. 

Large parties could easily be accommodated in this large dining area.  There are also numerous booths along the window.

I changed my mind several times before finally deciding on the "Coco-choco Waffle." This is a half waffle with strawberries & bananas covered with hazelnut chocolate and English cream; served with two eggs, home fries and choice of bacon, sausage or ham. I picked ham. ($10.95)
My husband ordered the "Chef's Omelette" which had chicken, sausage, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, and cheddar cheese. It was served with home fries. ($8.95)
My husband also ordered a side of grits. ($3.50).  While we were eating, I needed a piece of toast to dip in my egg. I went to "steal" one from my husband and he didn't have any. He said that it was only served with potatoes.   When we were finished eating, I told the waitress that I didn't have anything for my "dippy egg" and she apologized that she forgot to bring my husband's toast.

The Proino Breakfast Club is located at 14400 Walsingham Road in Largo.  They are open Monday through Saturday from 6am - 3pm and on Sunday from 7am - 3pm.   They can be reached at 727-303-3896.

Stop in and tell them you saw them on Tampa Bay Afternoon Delight. 





No comments:

Post a Comment