Thursday, May 30, 2013

Let it Rain! Let it Rain! Let it Rain!

As Henry Wadsworth Longfellow once said, "Into each life, some rain must fall."  I am extremely delight that Rain has fallen into my life! Rain is a Japanese Sushi Bar and Thai Restaurant inconspicuously located in a strip mall at 5267 Park Street N. I have driven by hundreds of times and have not been aware of its location.

I met a friend to celebrate the final week of birthday month! We were immediately greeted when we walked in the door. The staff was very friendly and patient. (You know me, I can never decide what to order!) I couldn’t even decide between sushi and Thai!

The inside of Rain is very appealing. Rain is nicely decorated without being gaudy. The bathrooms were extremely clean with a selection of hand lotions and a motion activated trash can. (I love these special extra touches.)


There are numerous lunch including all of the classic Thai dishes ($6.95 for chicken, beef, pork, tofu or veggies; $8.50 for scallop, squid or shrimp; $9.50 for seafood combination) or pick two sushi rolls ($9.95). Both choices are served with either soup, salad or a spring roll. Ester chose a Mexican roll and another roll with the salad and peanut dressing. Given that Ester was ordering sushi, I decided to have Thai and I ordered the Panang curry with a salad and ginger dressing.
Service was quick. There were several other tables dining, but that didn’t delay our food at all. Within a few minutes, we had our salads, closely followed by our meals.


I was pleasantly surprised by the dessert! Fresh, homemade cashew butter in a wonton wrapper served with ice cream and drizzled with chocolate sauce topped with whipped cream and a cherry.

Rain is open Monday throught Friday from 11:30am-2:00pm for lunch and 5:00pm-9:00pm for dinner. Saturday from 5pm-10pm and Sunday from 4:00pm-8:00pm. Sunday, there is also Prix Fixe menu for $12.95  which includes a first choice, entree and the chef's dessert of the day. 

The are several daily after 5pm specials. Tuesday is 15% off noodle dishes, Wednesday - order 3 sushi items off the sushi menu and get the 4th one free and Thursday is 15% off curry dishes.

LIKE them on facebook to find out about more specials and events. If you have any questions, call 727-545-1781.

Rain Sushi Bar is one of Localshop1.com's newest members. Click here to get a 1card and receive discounts all over the Tampa Bay area. Enter code TBAD to get your card shipped free!!  


The next time I go, I am sitting at the sushi bar. I love to watch the sushi chefs create ediable art!
 

1 comment:

  1. I drive that way a lot, too, and never glanced over. Thanks for a great suggestion, and enticing photos!

    ReplyDelete